We welcome your visit whether it is in person or virtually. In order to protect the health of patrons and staff, we will continue social distancing and other safety measures. During the semester Special Collections will be open by appointment only from 10–4 p.m., Monday-Friday to Binghamton University students, faculty and staff. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours (one business day) prior to requesting the specific item(s) needed during the visit. We will continue to assist all researchers virtually as much as possible.
- In accordance with University policy, face masks must be worn at all times.
- Hand sanitizer is available but we also ask that visitors wash their hands prior to entry to protect people and our material.
- Upon arrival researchers will be asked to complete a registration form with their contact information and the date/time of their visit.
- All requested items will be waiting for the patron at a designated place in the reading room. Any additional items may be requested for a subsequent visit.
- Certain materials requiring staff assistance to manipulate may be restricted except to those who can demonstrate experience in the proper handling of rare and fragile materials.
All class instruction sessions in Special Collections will be held online only through the spring semester. To request a virtual class session, please submit this form.
For all inquiries and to schedule appointments, contact us via email at email@example.com.