Bartle Library 3rd Floor is now closed to the public for the duration of the renovation project, with the newly renovated floor expected to reopen in 2024. During this time, elevators will be programmed to automatically skip the 3rd floor, stairwell doors to the 3rd floor will be closed off to public access, and the staircase connecting the 3rd and 4th floors near the elevators will be completely blocked off.
The renovation will be an extensive project and the new 3rd Floor will feature
- an innovative and inviting space with significantly more natural light;
- increased study spaces for both collaborative work and quiet study;
- a new Digital Scholarship Center with space for collaborative digital work;
- a new Graduate Commons with study spaces, meeting spaces and graduate lockers; and
- space for future growth and a better overall environment for long-term conservation and preservation of our print collections.
Currently, construction on the ground floor of Science Library is wrapping up to allow a new compact shelving system to be installed, which will house the 3rd Floor collections during renovation. Once the shelving system is completely installed, the 3rd Floor collection will be moved into the space, with the floor and collection becoming fully accessible by Winter 2021/22.
For more information on the overall renovation project, visit the Library Renovations website.