Special Collections is open by appointment only from 12-4 p.m., Monday-Friday to Binghamton University students, faculty and staff. Appointments must be made at least 24 hours (one business day) prior to requesting the specific item(s) needed during the visit. We will continue to assist all researchers virtually as much as possible.
We have implemented social distancing and other safety measures to protect the health of patrons and staff.
- In accordance with University policy, masks must be worn at all times.
- All visitors need to wash their hands prior to entering the reading room. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Upon arrival researchers will be asked to complete a registration form with their contact information and date/time of their visit.
- All requested items will be waiting for the patron at a designated place in the reading room. Any additional items may be requested for a subsequent visit.
- Certain materials requiring staff assistance to manipulate may be restricted except to those who can demonstrate experience in the proper handling of rare and fragile materials.
All class instruction sessions in Special Collections will be held online only through the fall semester.
For all inquiries and to schedule appointments, contact us via email at email@example.com.