Students and faculty returning from the summer holidays will notice something different when they use the Libraries’ search box Find It!: An updated Find It! search interface will be launched on August 1.
Find It! is the Libraries’ single search box for the library catalog, articles and databases, and digital collections. These collections can be searched simultaneously or separately. The enhanced features include:
- Clean, uncluttered search screen with a simple keyword search box;
- Relevance-ranked results, or sort by: year (newest to oldest), author or title;
- Easier to find Advanced Search and Browse Search options;
- Improved usability on mobile devices;
- Easier to save (pin), cite or send results via e-mail; and
- “Virtual Browse” feature that allows you to see related books.
For more information, visit Find It! FAQ.
Find It! will be the new library catalog search when the Libraries migrate to a new system in summer 2019, along with other SUNY institutions. More information on this project will be shared in the upcoming months.