The Libraries’ Special Collections and University Archives have two small installations currently on view at the Binghamton University Art Museum to complement their current exhibition – The Binghamton Nuvolone: Restoring an Object in Six Parts.
Drawn from the rich holdings of the Max Reinhardt Archives and Library, one of the complementary installations presents a selection of materials celebrating Austrian-born theater director and producer Max Reinhardt (1873-1943). On view will be photographs of Max Reinhardt, programs, and one of his famous promptbooks, all illustrating his life and work.
The second installation features a gathering of objects, photographs and papers relating to the work at the close of WWII of “Monuments Man” Kenneth C. Lindsay (1919-2009). The founder of the Harpur College Art Department and the Art Gallery Lindsay spent two years working for the U.S. Army finding, researching and restoring to their proper owners artwork that had been looted by the Nazis during the war. His papers will soon be deposited at the University Archives.
The installations will be on view until May 19, 2018 at the University Art Museum.