Other BU Blogs
- New exhibit: What’s so funny in Special Collections? Humor comes in many forms!
- Special Collections Talk: “Singing the Body Electric: Opera, Democracy, and Voice in the Poetry of Walt Whitman” on October 3, 2019, 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Leaves of Grass: Walt Whitman’s Masterwork on Exhibit Beginning May 31st
- The Woman Who Dared to Vote: In Honor of Susan B. Anthony’s Birthday, February 15
- Happy Birthday Mack Sennett!
Daily Archives: February 27, 2017
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was born in Portland, Maine on this day in 1807. His works include The Golden Legend, The Song of Hiawatha, and Evangeline. He was also the first American to translate Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy. Longfellow was one of the most popular … Continue reading