May is another busy month for monthly observances! It is: Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, Lyme Disease Awareness Month; Mental Health Awareness Month MORE?? To celebrate them all, we have a longer reading list then usual. Happy Reading!
Asian Pacific American Heritage Month:
- American history unbound: Asians and Pacific Islanders
- Margins and Mainstreams: Asian in American History and Culture
- The Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882
- Interior Chinatown
- Voices of Asian Americans in higher education : unheard stories
- And justice for all: an oral history of the Japanese American detention camps
Lyme Disease Awareness Month:
Did you know that there is a Lyme Disease and Other Tick-borne Disease Research Center on campus? Check them out here.
- Lyme disease: why it’s spreading, how it makes you sick, and what to do about it
- Divided bodies: Lyme disease, contested illness, and evidence-based medicine
- Conquering Lyme disease: science bridges the great divide
Mental Health Awareness Month: